Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good One

We lost a good one tonight.

Ace, you'd been at CHC for years before I got there, and you were a great horse. I remember riding you around a course in one of Javier's lessons and having a blast.

You had your quirks, of course. The cow-kicks. Your sensitive back that usually kept you safely out of lessons once the weather turned cold. You could be kind of a jerk, and I know you didn't like spurs much.

I will try to treasure my memory of you in a hunter class in one of the schooling shows. You did a beautiful course, and you knew it. As soon as you'd finished, you threw in a little cow-kick/buck for fun, showing off your energy and exuberance. You weren't full of yourself at all...

I hope your last couple of hours weren't too painful. You will be missed.

1 comment: